Saturday, March 21
Pray People will Test God and Begin Giving for the Very First Time
Moreover, in addition to all that I have provided for the holy house, I have a treasure of my own of gold and silver, and because of my devotion to the house of my God I give it to the house of my God.
1 Chronicles 29:3
When a person gives their resources to the Lord through His church for the very first time, it is a spiritual decision, not a financial one. This is because at the prompting of the Holy Spirit, this person made the conscious decision to trust God with what the world trusts most, their money and possessions.
Malachi 3:10 says, “Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts”. God then goes to explain seven promises He will give when you test Him in the area of money and finances:
- “If I will not open the windows of heaven”
- “pour down a blessing until there is more than you need.”
- “I will rebuke the devourer for you”
- “it will not destroy the fruits of your soil”
- “your vine shall not fail to bear”
- “Then all nations will call you blessed”
- “you will be a delightful land.”
At Piedmont Church, generosity is NOT what we want FROM you. It is what we want FOR you! We want these seven promises to be real in your life. Will you trust Him today with your financial resources?