August 21, 2020 - August 23, 2020
Join us at the new South Cobb Early Learning Center to help us transform an old school into a place of community for families with special needs children as well as new Georgia Pre-K students.
The project includes painting several school rooms and freshening up the landscaping outside of the school. The project has been scheduled over a three day period and a listing of the tasks that need completing can be seen below.
Friday, August 21st
- Removing items off the wall
- Prepping spots (filling holes and caulk)
- Taping off trim
- Priming mural walls
Saturday, August 22nd
- Painting the first and second coat of paint
- Landscaping outside the front of the school (trimming bushes/small trees, planting flowers, mulch, and pine straw)
Sunday, August 23rd
- Wrap up any open paint work
- Pulling off tape
- Reinstalling items on the wall
What to Bring:
If you plan on painting please bring any painting tools (paint brush, rollers, tarps, ect.) that you may have.
If you plan on working outside on the landscaping work, please bring safety equipment (glasses, gloves, and respirator/mask) as well as any lawn equipment (rake, shovels, trimmers, weed eaters) that would be easy to pack.
If you can bring a ladder (10 ft. or less, foldable) or large landscaping equipment (lawn mowers, pole saw, trailer, etc), please contact Austin Eakins.